I love this time of year. There's nothing better than enjoying the warm sun in the company of family and friends while eating fresh, delicious foods. And if you're like me, you want to have a festive dish that everyone can enjoy. This is where fruit and vegetable trays come in handy! They are perfect for your next cookout or as an appetizer at any summer party. Make it patriotic for Memorial Day or the 4th of July with an assortment of red, white, and blue foods that . Added bonus - this is a fun, easy recipe that kids get excited about helping out with, too!
And if you need to be mindful of food allergies and/or sensitivities, it can easily be made top 8 free!
1. Choose the fruit, veggies, and other foods that you want to use for your tray. Pictured are: strawberries, raspberries, cherry tomatoes, blueberries, and cheese cubes.
2. Arrange the food on the tray in a way that they form a visible American flag (see picture; you can also print out an American flag template to use as a guide while you are preparing this dish).
3. If preparing ahead, carefully cover with foil or cling wrap, and refrigerate until closer to the serving time.
3. Serve with a variety of dips (such as hummus, guacamole, or yogurt).
4. Add some patriotic colored toothpicks to hold everything together.
add some flowers here and there for extra color
use a patriotic-themed tray to hold the fruit and veggies
make fruit and vegetable shaped stars using a star-shaped cookie cutter
Did you try this? Do you have any of your own personal touches that you would like to share? Post a comment below :-)
Happy 4th of July and have a wonderful summer!