Happy St. Patrick's Day! May the luck of the Irish be with you!
Celebrate the luck of the Irish! St. Patrick's Day is a fun holiday (even if you're not Irish!) and great occasion to introduce a rainbow of colors to your child's plate - especially green!
Below are 18 healthy family meal & snack ideas that you can serve up on St. Patrick's Day. I hand-picked these recipes for you from across the internet. Each recipe was developed, tested, and approved by a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist!
In the list below you will find 18 recipes with the links and Instagram handles of the RDNs who published them. Enjoy!
1. No-Dye Green Pancakes - Super Healthy Kids @superhealthykids
2. Shamrock Avocado Toast - 360 Family Nutrition @360familynutrition
3. Love this Lunch Box Idea! - 360 Family Nutrition @360familynutrition
4. Rainbow Bell Peppers Pizza Recipe - Super Healthy Kids @superhealthykids
5. Plant-Based Leek and Potato Soup | Nutrition Stripped® @nutritionstripped
6. Simple Shephard's Pie | Heather Mangieri Nutrition @heathermangieri
7. Healthy Dutch Oven Beef Stew - The Oregon Dietitian @theoregondietitianblog
8. Cozy Weeknight Sausage & Spinach Pasta (for a hint of green) - realmomnutrition.com @realmomnutrition
9. Mini Irish Soda Breads - Laura M. Ali, MS, RDN, LDN @lauraali_rd
Snacks, Sweets, & Treats:
10. Fruity Guacamole Recipe (eatright.org) @eatright_pro
11. Four Leaf Clover Hummus - Childtime - Nicole Spain, RD @childtimeofficial (I could not find Nicole's IG handle - please send if found!)
12. Candy Green Grapes - Patricia Bannan, MS, RDN @patriciabannan
13. St. Patty's Day Fruit Skewers - Mom's Kitchen Handbook @katiesmorford
Shamrock Shakes / Green Smoothies
Photo: Meal Makeover Moms (https://flic.kr/p/jrKUjT)
And here's one just for the adults :-)
18. Mint Chocolate Guinness Ice Cream Shooters- teaspoonofspice.com @tsp_basil&@tspcurry
If you try this recipe let me! Tag me @fromthestartnutrition (Facebook/IG) or @fromthestartrdn (Twitter)
Work With Me
Hi! I’m Beth.
I’m a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor, and Mom of 3 little ones. As a pediatric and family dietitian, I use a gentle, Intuitive Eating-based approach to help children/families, adolescents, and adults overcome feeding disorders, disordered eating, and eating disorders. Through individualized care, I help clients optimize their health and improve mealtime enjoyment, while healing their relationship with food and body. Get in touch! Contact | Welcome to FTSN!
Follow me on social media for my latest happenings, evidenced-based nutrition tips,
free resources, and more!